08/01/2015

ROMA

So, this is my first blog post on Melrose & Me and lucky for you I'm not going to make a big deal about it as I know I'm not the only one out there doing this 'blogging' thing and no my blog doesn't have a major USP -  it's just my own little space to jot things down about what's been happening in my life.

With my first and middle names being 'Melissa Rosa' I found the name Melrose come to mind quite quickly. This blog allows me to let my imagination run wild and speak out to the blogging world under the nickname "Melrose" - my second self/alter ego.  Then "Me" is purely the representation of the real me that is out there in the real world exploring what's out there.

I guess if you like the sound of my posts then *welcome* and please subscribe- it would be lovely to have you! However if you're not too keen don't worry, I'm pretty sure there are plenty more fish in the sea.

ROMA























This New Year I decided to take a little trip to Rome to celebrate the end of 2014 and to welcome the new year in a different way in some different surroundings. Well, last year I was in Sydney watching the fireworks over the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge so I guess anything was going to be a little bit of an anti-climax after that. Despite this, Rome was soo good and I had so much fun this NYE.

It's not the first time I've been to Italy and not the first time I've been to Rome but I definitely experienced new things and ate new amounts of pizza. There is a reason why Rome keeps drawing me back and hopefully if you get the chance to visit then I think you'll understand the pull. The gorgeous cobbled streets complimented by the insanely good  stench of fresh coffee is just something you can't say no to. Oh, and I guess the major landmarks like the Colosseum, St Peters Square and the Pantheon are alright as well.

Over the course of the five days I was in Rome I thought I was best to follow the saying "When in Rome... Do what the Romans do."  So, of course I had to consume my body weight in pizza, coffee, fresh cakes and wine. My excuse afterwards was the classic "they told me to." Aside from the eating and drinking I also explored the city by foot, visited some sights and watched the fireworks from the Spanish Steps on NYE. One of my favourite ways to embrace myself in a culture is to find myself a  little coffee shop down a side street of a quirky neighbourhood and watch the locals pass by. Yes, people watching is a hobby of mine.

Check out a few of my photos from my trip that weren't your typical touristy scenes.















Note: Another post about Rome will follow shortly keep your eyes peeled.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Melrose & Me..
Blog design by Labina Studio.