04/02/2015

self-portrait

Ever since I first stumbled across the brand's Instagram page I have been lusting over every piece from self-portrait's seasonal collections. I finally plucked up the courage and purchased my first dress from the brand and there has been no going back since. I am that besotted I have actually gone to the extremities of dedicating a whole post to the dress I bought and their new Spring/Summer '15 collection (which I have defiantly been having a good old perv over!)

I actually wore my dress out for New Year's Eve when I was visiting Rome. It is a really dressy dress with gorgeous intricate detailing which I find really makes it unique compared to many other NYE dresses. I love the leather collar detail and the sheer panelling which gives it the sexy yet sophisticated look. I am far too awkward to pull off the 'sexy look' all by itself.



This black dress was perfect for a classic NYE outfit and I teamed it with a small black clutch, tights and black heeled boots for some added warmth to help me deal with the arctic weather conditions I was struck with in Rome.

Dress - self-portrait | Clutch - Whistles | Boots - Office

Another self-portrait dress definitely cannot be justified but has that ever stopped me before - no. So, in case I feel the need to purchase another one (obviously because I need one for each season) then here are my top three picks from their new Spring/Summer '15 collection which is available to pre-order now. Prepare to dribble...




Lace Shirt Dress | Lili Dress | Patchwork Lace Dress

A little tip: it pays to follow brands on Instagram because I purchased my dress in a flash sale they were having and I found out via their IG account. 

What items are you lusting over? Do you know of any similar brands - I'd love to hear about them?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Melrose & Me..
Blog design by Labina Studio.